The Grandest House in Town
This is a brief account of the history of Fydell house to which John Fydell gave his name in 1726. It follows the occupation of the house from its first tenant, in 1816 to when ownership of the property was passed over to the Boston Preservation Trust in 1935. Its ruin and recovery from the war years until it was re-opened, restored, as Pilgrim College in 1953 and its progress and development until the modern day.
This is the fourth book written by Arthur Garner and is a sequel to the author’s ‘The Fydells of Boston’, (also available through this site) which is an account of the family which gave its name to the house rather than the house itself.
Arthur A Garner
Richard Kay Publications